By signing up or having access to a Free Membership/Paid Membership and/or Listing you consent to accept electronic and telephone communications with GreenPages Directory and its affiliates.
You may cancel your Free Membership/Paid Membership and/or Listing and unsubscribe from any and all communications with us at any time.
Please read the rules carefully
This Agreement describes the terms of access and use of GreenPages Directory Inc. ("GreenPages") services. If you do not consent to the terms of this Agreement, please do not access or use GreenPages' web sites.
GreenPages operates under various domain names; all web sites are hereinafter referred to as GreenPages' web sites, therefore this Agreement governs the contract relationship between you and GreenPages, regardless of which GreenPages' web site you are registered with or logged on to.
Your use of and/or registration on any aspect of our web sites constitutes your consent to comply with these rules.
This Agreement between you and GreenPages is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and Canada.
If any court of law that has the jurisdiction to decide on this matter rules that any provision of this Agreement is invalid, that provision will be removed without affecting the rest of the Agreement, and the remaining provisions continue to be valid and enforceable.
GreenPages will replace an invalid and/or unenforceable provision with a valid and/or enforceable provision that most closely represents the intent and effect of the invalid and/or unenforceable provision.
This Agreement and any subsequent amendments must be in writing to be valid.
We recognize the global nature of the internet and that users choose to access our web sites on their own initiative and are therefore responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
You agree to use our web sites only for lawful purposes and that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
You also agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
Updates & Modifications
We may modify this Agreement from time to time without notice, so check this Agreement regularly for updates and revisions; these will become effective immediately upon posting to our web sites. Any use of our sites after the posting of such updates or revisions signifies your consent to this Agreement's updates or revisions.
We reserve the right to discontinue our web sites, entirely or in part, or any associated programs or promotions, or to change the content and/or format of our web sites or the benefits of any associated programs or promotions, at any time without notice.
Further, we also reserve the right to post additional usage rules that apply to all or specific parts of our web sites; your continued use of our web sites constitute your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
If you fail to follow the terms and conditions governing your use of and right to access our web sites - whether listed in this agreement or in bulletins posted our web sites -such failure may result, without notice, in the suspension or termination of your right to access our web sites, in addition to any other remedial actions we may take.
You acknowledge that you are using the internet and GreenPages' web sites at your own risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data as a result of that use.
You agree that any material you download through GreenPages' web sites is done at your discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or data loss that results from downloading any such material.
Monitoring & Enforcement
While GreenPages has the right to monitor activity and content associated with its web sites, we are under no obligation to do so. GreenPages may not have the ability to control or actively monitor content; therefore we cannot guarantee any accuracy, integrity or quality.
GreenPages may investigate complaints and any policy violations brought to its attention and may take any appropriate action including, but not limited to, issuing warnings, removing the content, or terminating membership and/or subscriptions.
You understand and agree that GreenPages cannot guarantee other users' identities or guarantee the authenticity of any data that users may describe or provide.
Use of the Services
To access certain GreenPages' web sites or use specific services, you may be required to provide personal information as part of the registration process or as part of your continued access and/or use of the services.
You agree that you are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under this Agreement and for the consequences, including any loss or damage to GreenPages, resulting from such breach.
GreenPages' web sites contain material protected by provincial, national and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
Sometimes you may use a service or download a piece of software, or purchase goods, provided by a third party, and you may be subject to separate terms between you and the third party.
You agree that GreenPages does not waive its right or remedies available to it if GreenPages does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy contained in this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that each company of which GreenPages is the parent shall be third party beneficiaries to this Agreement and is entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of this Agreement that confer rights in favour of them.
You are required to:
- Provide only true and non-misleading statements in your profile and in communications with other users.
- Comply with all applicable legislation.
- Respect all third-party rights.
You are prohibited from:
- Using GreenPages for any illegal purposes, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws. Accessing or attempting to access any of the services by any means other than our webs sites passwords. Masquerading as an administrator while using GreenPages' web sites.
- Engaging in any activity that interferes with or disrupts GreenPages' web sites or associated software, hardware and/or servers and networks connected to the web sites, nor impede or interfere with others' use of our web sites.
- Altering or tampering with any information or materials on or associated with our web sites, nor to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell our services for any purpose.
- Falsely stating, impersonating, or otherwise misrepresenting opportunities, personal identity, current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Posting content or initiating communications that are unlawful, insulting, defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Advertising, promoting, offering or distributing any pornographic product(s) and/or content that violate any applicable legislation for the protection of minors.
- Communicating in any insinuatingly sexual suggestive or explicit way.
- Using any obscene, indecent, or offensive language on our web sites.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available defamatory, abusive, harassing, racist, or hateful material.
- Sending communications to distribution lists and/or sending identical private communications to more than one user at the same time.
- Stalking, harassing or annoying any other users.
- Using or promoting any commercial practices considered unfair competition.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising and/or promotional materials, including but not limited to junk mail, spam, chain letters, and pyramid schemes.
- Sending messages to distribution lists and/or sending identical private messages to more than one user at the same time.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available without authorization any content protected by law, such as copyright, trademark, patent, or patent laws.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content or initiate communications with information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, including but not limited to insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements.
- Displaying or using in any manner the GreenPages' logos, trade names, trademarks, domain names, and/or other distinctive brand features without GreenPages' prior written permission.
- Removing, obscuring, or altering any proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within GreenPages' web sites.
- Forging headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through GreenPages' web sites.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Using manual or automated software, robots, or other processes to crawl or spider any of our web sites.
- Framing or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of a GreenPages' website.
Link to other services or sites at your own risk. You acknowledge that we do not review nor endorse the content of all sites linked from our web sites and that we are not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked from GreenPages' web sites.
You may report any activities or content in violation of applicable laws and/or this Agreement.
Registration, User ID & Password
We may require that you register and/or set up an account to use certain portions of GreenPages' web sites. To do so, you will need to choose a user ID and password, and provide other registration information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information, and you will be responsible for choosing and maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and/or password.
You agree that any information provided during registration will be accurate and up to date; if any of your registration information changes, you must update it using the appropriate update mechanism.
You may not authorize others to use your user ID and/or password, nor transfer, sell or assign your ID and/or password and/or your rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other person or entity without our written approval. Any attempt to do so without such approval shall be considered a material breach of this Agreement. In turn, GreenPages agrees not to disclose your password to any third party nor ask for your password at any time.
Accordingly, you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including, but not limited to, use by any person with your registration information, authorized or not, and/or who has access to any computer on which your account resides or is accessible.
If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password and/or of your account, you agree to you immediately notify GreenPages or promptly change the registration information of the affected account and/or profile.
Account Termination & Suspension
You may terminate your legal agreement with GreenPages by either notifying GreenPages at any time or closing your own account(s) where this option is available.
You agree that GreenPages has sole discretion to terminate and/or suspend your account without notice for any or no reason and will not be liable to either you or any other third-party for such termination or denial of access to services.
GreenPages may terminate its legal agreement with you at any time for any or all of the following reasons:
- Breaching any provision of this Agreement, or acting in a manner that clearly shows you do not intend to or are unable to comply with this Agreement.
- GreenPages is required to do so by law.
- The partner with whom GreenPages offered its services to you terminated its relationship with GreenPages.
- GreenPages is no longer providing its services to the country in which you are resident.
- GreenPages deems the provision of its services is no longer commercially viable.
You may cancel registration of your Free Membership/Paid Membership at any time without cause.
Advertisements may target GreenPages' content or information and you agree that GreenPages may place such advertising on its web sites, and that the manner, mode and extent of advertising are subject to change without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright & Trademarks
All content found on or through our web sites is owned by us or used with permission. GreenPages owns all legal right, title and interest in and to its web sites, including any intellectual property rights (whether registered or not) and wherever in the world those rights may exist.
You agree that you are solely responsible for any and all content that you create, transmit or display while using our web sites, as well as for the consequences of your actions, including any loss or damage to Green Pages by doing so.
You may not copy, use, or retransmit anything from or for our site without GreenPages' written consent. Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the sites, or any content, code, data or materials on the sites is strictly prohibited.
GreenPages reserves the right, but is under no obligation, to screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content from its web sites.
You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on content (either in whole or in part) found on or through our web sites unless you have GreenPages' authorization or that of the other owners in a separate agreement.
If you believe your copyright has been infringed, you may provide us with written notice. Canada Copyright Act.
Use and Right to Contents Supplied by You
Please be aware that information you disclose in publicly accessible portions of our web sites is available to all web sites' users.
You are not allowed to post or distribute any material you do not own or which you do not have permission to use, and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our web sites and/or take other action against offenders who infringe GreenPages' copyright and other intellectual property rights, and the copyright and intellectual property rights of others.
You are responsible for ensuring that any material, including but not limited to text, photographs and sound, provided or posted by you does not violate copyright, trademark, trade secret or other personal or proprietary rights of any third party, nor violate any laws, or this Agreement.
GreenPages asserts its right to remove, without prior notice, any illegal or prohibited data and/or information from its web sites.
Content Licensed by You
You retain copyright and any other rights you hold to content you submit, post or display on or through our web sites. By submitting, posting or displaying such content on or through our web sites you give GreenPages a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content, and to make such content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom GreenPages' has associations for the provision of syndicated services.
You agree that for GreenPages to perform the necessary technical steps in providing its services to its users, we may transmit or distribute your content over various public networks and in various media, and make any changes to your content necessary to conform and adapt such content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media.
You confirm and guarantee to GreenPages that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
GreenPages may have no control over any or all web sites or resources provided by companies or persons other than GreenPages. Therefore you acknowledge and agree that GreenPages is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, nor endorses any advertising, products or information on or available from such web sites or resources.
You further acknowledge and agree that GreenPages is not liable for any losses or damages that you may incur as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of your reliance on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or information on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
Products, Services and/or Information Sold On or Through the Website
Neither GreenPages nor any of its third-party providers make any warranties in regard to any products, services and/or information featured, mentioned, or sold by others on or through our web sites.
Transactions for any products, services and/or information shall be strictly between you and third-party sellers.
You agree to indemnify GreenPages and its affiliates, employees, representatives, agents, assignees and third party service providers, and to defend and hold each harmless, from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorneys' fees) that may arise from your submissions, unauthorized use of material obtained through our web sites, breach of this Agreement, violation of any law, or violation of the rights of a third party, including the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or any such acts through your use of our web sites. These obligations will survive any termination of this Agreement.
You agree to assume all reasonable costs incurred by GreenPages due to an infringement of third party rights, or assume the costs to either obtain rights to use said contents or render said contents free of any infringement.
Limitation of Liability
You assume all responsibility and risk in using the internet and our web sites.
You understand and agree that GreenPages, its affiliates, owners, employees, representatives, agents, assignees and its third party service providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses. Since some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, some limitations mentioned above may not apply to you.
You understand and agree that GreenPages does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product or process disclosed on its web sites.
GreenPages does not take part in any communication between users, and shall not be held liable for breaches of duty in the execution and/or fulfillment of agreements entered into between users. GreenPages may act as intermediary.
You acknowledge and agree that it is technically impossible to achieve 100% availability of GreenPages web sites, even though GreenPages endeavours to keep its sites available without interruption.
GreenPages, including its employees, representatives, agents, assignees and third party service providers, does not represent or warrant uninterrupted access to its web sites, or that no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information will occur, or that no viruses will be transmitted on or through GreenPages' websites.
You understand and agree that events including maintenance, security or capacity requirements, and/or those beyond our control, such as power failures, may result in malfunctions or interruptions (brief, temporary or otherwise) of GreenPages' web sites.
You also understand and agree that GreenPages is provided on an as is and as available basis and that GreenPages does not assume any responsibility for prompt or proper delivery, or retention of any user information or communications between users or for the accuracy or existence of any communications between users.
GreenPages does not represent or warrant that:
- Your use of GreenPages' web sites will meet your requirements; or
- The quality of any products, services, or information purchased or obtained by you through GreenPages' web sites will be accurate, reliable or meet your expectations; or
- Be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error; or
- Defects in the operation or functionality of any software will be corrected.
Since some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or damages by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages a number of the above limitations may not apply to you.
GreenPages disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, timelines, performance or operability or availability of information or material displayed in GreenPages' search results.
Limitations lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you; our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may also have other rights.
You hereby agree to release GreenPages, its affiliates, owners, employees, representatives, agents, assignees and third-party service providers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, contingent and actual, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of our web sites.
California residents waive California civil code section 1542 that states, in part: "a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor".